Friday, January 03, 2014

New Year...New Changes

It is a new year and changes are something that always seem to walk hand in hand as one year unfolds into the next.  It is no different over here on the Path of Positivity this year.

It is time to say goodbye to another of our team.  Samara Navi from Fairy Tale Fountain who joined us back at the beginning of August has decided it is time to move on to other adventures.   Samara's positive attitude and insightful introspection will be sorely missed around here, I can tell you that!  Please join me in wishing Samara the absolute best as she continues down life's pathway. 

Now Samara's departure does not mean that we are going to be a member down.  As it turns out, the same time that Samara was contemplating leaving, another was hoping to join our little family when the time was right.  Well the time couldn't be any more right as I had been contemplating myself on how to best woo this particular individual to jump on board with us.  So, I am super pleased to announce that Pat, from Patacake Pages is now officially part of the Path of Positivity team.  Look at all those P's?!  This a match made in alliteration heaven!   We are so lucky to have someone with Pat's unique perspective on life within our midst.  Let's get to know her a bit, shall we?


Hi, my name is Pat and I live on the outskirts of Chicago.  While I am a card maker at heart, I have fallen in love with mixed media art, and I support this habit by working as a secretary (and substitute teacher) at a private school.  There are five generations of crafters in my family, from my 6 year old granddaughter to my 103 year old gram, although she can’t see well enough to craft any more.  I told Lisa that if I hadn’t found her Path of Positivity Blog, I would have started one myself.  My attitude toward life mirrors her mission to offer inspiration and support for the soul one project or post at a time!

http://patacakespages.blogspot.ca
Now how is that for serendipity?!  Please join me in welcoming Pat to the team. You will get to see one of Pat's inspirational creations in just a few short days as she officially comes on board for challenge #10 which begins Monday.   To visit Pat beforehand, just click on her blog badge above.
Now there is just one more thing that I want to share with you all before I go.  I thought that this post would be the perfect opportunity to introduce you all to a new feature over here on the Path of Positivity.

As I indicate at the top of this blog, my goal over here is to create a space "designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time".  One of my objectives for achieving this goal is of course providing a place for people to share their positivity inspired art, whether it be in the form of cards and other projects or simply their words.  It has been wonderful this past nine months finding so many people wanting to join in and do just that.  However, another objective of mine has always been to provide some motivational introspection on the themes we cover each month.  At first, I wasn't sure how this idea would be accepted since this is a challenge blog; however, it isn't your typical challenge blog so I had high hopes that people wouldn't be put off by my mutterings on our monthly themes.  Thus, I started to include a short introspection each month during our midway.  The feedback that I have received is so positive that I have decided to make this idea an ongoing feature.  I am happy to announce a new column called, "Ponderings Along the Pathway".  While I wish that I had the time to write for this feature regularly, I'm afraid that my schedule just doesn't allow for it; therefore, I am so pleased that Pat is able to step in and become a regular contributor to this new column.  Some other members of the DT may jump in occasionally as well.  You will get to read our very first Pondering later this month.  I hope you will all enjoy this new direction we will be adding to our Pathway.

 I also hope you will join me again on Sunday for our next 'DT Delights' post, where the DT has a say in choosing their favourite entry from Challenge #8.

May this new year bring new beginnings, new possibilities and new choices for each of you to pursue!



3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

While I'm sad to see Samara move on, how delightful Pat is joining PoP! I look forward to the new column, and the team's inspiring artwork in 2014. Your artwork is always inspiring. Happy New Year, PoP team! hugs,de

Desire Fourie said...

A big POP welcome to Pat. Looking forward to your first pondering Pat.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

D- said...

Welcome Pat! Looking forward to all you will have to share with us.
Goodbye Samara. Than you for sharing your creativity with us.
Crafty hugs
D~
DesignsByDragonfly