Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of dreams if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of dreams in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes. While you may easily see how dreams relate to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. This way it clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Some rule changes to note...Now before we continue, there are a few changes that we are going to implement. While the challenge itself has now been up and running for about 14 months, the DT only came on in July of last year. Therefore, with a little over a year under our belts now, it is a good time to review how things have been running and look at possible changes. So, with that being said, please note the following:
- Entries will now be limited to a total of three.
- There will no longer be a prize associated with the Voter's Choice. We will still continue to have a Voter's Choice category allowing people to vote on their favourite project but from now on it will be an honourary position. The person who receives the most votes each challenge will still earn a badge as the Voter's Choice.
- For the next few months, we are going to switch things up a bit and the prize from the monthly guest sponsor will go to the creation chosen by the DT as Most Inspirational. Ike's Art, one of our amazing on-going sponsors will be responsible for the prize for an entry chosen in a random draw (except in cases where one sponsor covers all prizes or months with additional sponsors). Creative Bug Digital SnapShots, our second incredible ongoing sponsor, will now provide one image to each person chosen each challenge as a DT Delight.
This month's sponsor...So now that that is out of the way, it is time to meet our guest sponsor for this month. We have someone brand new joining us for this challenge. Please welcome...
Along with the shop she also has a challenge blog where the theme is always, Anything Goes. There is even candy given out every two weeks! She has a fabulous design team who provide tons of inspiration for using her products. Additionally, she also offers up some tutorials. So make sure that you pop over and have a look around both the challenge blog and the store. Join Lexie in her journey and be there to watch Scribble & Scrap grow into a thriving business.
You can find the store here: http://www.scribbleandscrap.co.uk/
You can find the challenge blog here: http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
You can find Scribble & Scrap on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/scribbleandscrapuk
Now normally at the challenge start, I would list the images that we got to work with. However, Scribble & Scrap has very generously allowed the DT to pick whatever image(s) they wanted to work with. Therefore, I'll provide the image watermark and store link under each card to keep things organized. You can just click on each of the watermarks to head to that particular item's location in the store.
Time to check out what my amazing design came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the team members' name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations...
Pat chose to work with an image off of the Vintage Photo Sheet 1 and used paper from the Elegance Set 1 collection of papers.
Edwina's Creations, back joining us this month...
Here is the gorgeous card that Edwina came up with for us...Hi, I am Edwina Brown. I was born in Kentucky USA. I live in New Jersey USA now. I started crafting as a small child. I loved art from the time I got my first box of crayons. In 1996 I started oil painting classes and then watercolors in 2001. I finally learned Pastels and Acrylics too. I learned about scrapbooking in 2003 and finally started making cards as well. I did not get into using digis till 2010. I am addicted to them now. I see an image then I think “Oh that will make a great card”. Next thing I know I am making a card. Sometimes I do not know till the card is finished what it will look like. I love trying new things and I think doing things out of our comfort zone improves our ability and mind. Making cards and other craft items have become a full time thing for me now. I am on 3 DT’s and love working with all 3 ladies. Crafting has introduced me to some very special people along the way. I now call some of them friend. I am thankful for them as they have helped me grow.
I am so lucky to have the incredible team that I do! These are all beautifully unique creations interpreting the concept of DREAMS.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to dreams, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back on Monday, July 14th when voting will start on the Top Seven for Challenge #15. There will still be a Voter's Choice prize for Challenge #15 as the new changes are only effective as of this new challenge.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON DREAMS
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a free quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
- GarineldoNo02 font created by gluk
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from July 7th to August 3rd.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on August 3rd.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top seven have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing the top seven. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen seven. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- For Challenge 16, prizes will be the following:
- £15 voucher from Scribble and Scrap, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- There will also be:
- One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link up below: