Without further delay, it is time for the next challenge to start. This time around, for Challenge #49, the optional theme* is "PRESENT NOT PERFECT". Katrina Brown, one of our team members, came up with this unique theme idea and description (Thanks Katrina!). Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- All entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Optional Theme: PRESENT NOT PERFECT
Have you ever been in the position where you wanted to participate, but you just didn’t feel you had the talent to compete or be accepted? Have you ever wanted to reach out, but you just didn’t know the perfect thing to say? Have you wanted to share, but simply couldn’t for fear of making a fool of yourself?
We’ve all been in one, and most likely all, of these situations at some point! The need to be perceived as perfect is so strong in some and it keeps us from being present and in the moment.
Our challenge for you this month is to step out of your perfection zone and be positive about what you have to contribute! Perhaps you visit the site and enjoy the work of others and share something with us for the first time! Maybe you’ve shared many times, but now you will try a new technique you’ve been afraid to try for fear of failing. Possibly you’ve wanted to try doing a video or pictorial teaching aid to go along with your art. Another idea, is to make a sympathy or encouragement card for someone who might need to know you are thinking of them. Don’t worry about the perfect words; a lovely picture can go a long way to convey your thoughts. Of course, you could always share a card encouraging someone else to step out of their zone or letting them know just how wonderful they are just by being present in your life!
Yes, there really is something to this saying, ‘present not perfect’ that is so positive and freeing. Just jump into the moment and give what is uniquely you!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. We also ask that you let us know how your creation relates to the concept of being 'present not perfect' if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. While you may easily see how the concept of being 'present not perfect' relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here in a comment on this post or in your blog post. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $7 gift certificate from Pickled Potpourri, one of our guest sponsors this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $10 gift certificate to the Imagine That Digistamp store, provided by the second of our guest sponsors this month.
Talking of our guest sponsors...This month we have two returning sponsors! It is time to refresh ourselves with the details of these wonderful companies.
First up is Imagine That! Digistamp...
Imagine That! Digis by Kris™ is a mother/daughter team bringing you our cutest hand-drawn images that you can flip, re-size, re-color, print & use in your crafting creations! Almost all our digi sets include both color & outline formats & include sentiments for a great value. In addition to carrying family-friendly digi stamps, we also offer digital papers and KD-Kits, all available as instant downloads! You may want to check out our Free blogwear category, as well as find freebies on our Facebook Page and join in our monthly link up! You can read more about us here on our 'About the Arists' page.
Main Blog- http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com/
Check out the lovely images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarks will take you to their location in the store.
Freda's Flower Basket
Next, that brings us to
Pickled Potpourri Designs (www.PickledPotpourri.com) began in 2013 as an offshoot of Red Rubber Designs, a rubber stamp company. But not all images are destined to become rubber stamps, so Pickled Potpourri was created to offer quality digital papers, printables and stamp designs to inspire and enable everyone to create art!
We feature old favorites from The Angel Company, as well as new, original designs. You'll find a potpourri of digital images, papers and printables in a wide range of styles to enhance your papercrafting, scrapbooking and other artsy projects at Pickled Potpourri!
Check out the wonderful image the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermark will take you to its location in the PPD store...
Pink Polka Dot Calendar Set
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Pat is unable to join us for the start of the challenge but she'll be back with us during the midway. Clicking on each team member's name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations. I even managed to create a project for the start of the challenge but unfortunately, I probably won't have it up on my personal blog until Tuesday or Wednesday <<<sigh>>> ...
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of being 'present not perfect' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #47.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON PRESENT NOT PERFECT
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from May 1st to June 4th, 2017.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on June 4th.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to let us know what it is about your project or post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme. Please include this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two at the bottom of your post right next to the link for this challenge if you want. Or, if this isn't possible, come over and leave us a comment on the start post. You must also add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #49, prizes will be the following:
- A $10.00 gift certificate from Imagine That Digistamp, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $7 gift certificate from Pickled Potpourri, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #49--Optional Theme: PRESENT NOT PERFECT
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until June 4th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.